BioVis - Biological Visualisation
The BioVis platform of Uppsala University provides you with a unique combination of technology and know-how for visualization of biological samples at the tissue, cell and subcellular level. We specialize in microscopy, electron microscopy, flow cytometry and image analysis. We can offer state of the art electron- confocal and light microscopy, as well as analytical and imaging flow cytometry and cell sorting.
The Medical & Pharmaceutical faculty at Uppsala University supports BioVis financially, thus the user fees can be kept low. The platform is available for all universities, governmental agencies & private companies. Information about users fees can be found here.
With proper training, provided by us, you can get almost complete access to our equipment.
Help us to spread the information that BioVis is available with its service for Uppsala University and beyond. You can download our Brochure here: BioVis Brochure.
Entrance Card System
To get access to BioVis premises you need to have a door-card. Our old Card system (Landstinget i Uppsala Län) is no longer valid. A new card system is established. The new card system does NOT apply for research groups based in Rudbeck Lab, as they have already access. Please contact Jeremy.Adler@igp.uu.se for more details.
BioVis follows recommendations regarding Corona pandemic.
We are open. But LOW IN STAFF.
In case you are a new user to the instrument – have a colleague with you who can guide and help. Do not start/run projects were intensive help from BioVis staff is needed.
- Avoid touching your eyes/nose/mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands frequently & thoroughly, using soap & water for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Elbow: Cough or sneeze into your flexed elbow a tissue or, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that people frequently touch.
- Keep your distance 1.5m between you and others
STAY HOME IN CASE YOU FEEL SICK
Your contacts are
- FlowCytometry and Light Microscopy :
Dirk Pacholsky and Matyas Molnar
- Image Analysis and BioVis access cards:
- Electron Microscopy:
Monika Hodik and Karin Staxäng
We cancel our IAS course but will set up a new date after summer, most likely in November. We expect that we have to cancel our MCA course, but for the time being applications is still possible.
You can find us
Uppsala , Science Park Rudbeck Laboratory, 2nd floor
Dag Hammarskjölds v 20
751 85 UPPSALA, SWEDEN