BioVis - Biological Visualisation
The BioVis platform of Uppsala University provides you with a unique combination of technology and know-how for visualization of biological samples at the tissue, cell and subcellular level. We specialize in microscopy, electron microscopy, flow cytometry and image analysis. We can offer state of the art electron- confocal and light microscopy, as well as analytical and imaging flow cytometry and cell sorting.
The Medical & Pharmaceutical faculty at Uppsala University supports BioVis financially, thus the user fees can be kept low. The platform is available for all universities, governmental agencies & private companies. Information about users fees can be found here.
With proper training, provided by us, you can get almost complete access to our equipment.
Dear BioVis User, Welcome to 2021
- BioVis is open, but following the Covid19 restriction, low in staff.
- Instruments Introductions: Following the restriction we have to postponeJanuary introduction, Lecture will be given via Zoom
- Price list for 2021 is updated on our homepage.
- Sale: BioVis is selling ZEISS Z1 LightSheet Microscope, LSM710 NLO, Amnis FlowSight Imaging Flow Cytometer. Contact us for more information.
- BioVis Microscopy: Slide Scanner Installed. Contact us for more details.
- BioVis Microscopy: STEDYCON Installed. Contact us for more details.
- BioVis Electron microscopy: The EM node would like to promote its available services: sample preparation assistance for ultrastructural analysis, immunogold labelling and negative staining as well as imaging of ultrathin sections. We have expertise in many different samples, ranging from tissues to biomolecules. For those who wish, we can train you to take images by yourself at the microscope -no, it is not that difficult.
- Neubias Seminar about BIG DATA.Neubias started a seminar series where “our invited experts will introduce you and guide you through the advanced features of the tools and frameworks they develop, customize or use daily to handle “BIG DATA”! January 14, "BIG DATA I: Visualization, File Formats & Processing in Fiji",15h30-17h00 CET. registration on their homepage
- BioVis Image J courses are updated
- Survey: This questionnaire is intended to give you, as a BioVis TEM user, a chance to influence the future of our EM node, with respect to potential investments in new instruments and techniques. We would appreciate if you could take a few minutes to fill in this form and send it back to us!
You can find us
Uppsala , Science Park Rudbeck Laboratory, 2nd floor
Dag Hammarskjölds v 20
751 85 UPPSALA, SWEDEN