Biological Visualization - Microscopy, Flow Cytometery, Electron Microscopy and Image Analysis
BioVis - Biological Visualisation
The BioVis platform of Uppsala University provides you with a unique combination of technology and know-how for visualization of biological samples at the tissue, cell and subcellular level. We specialize in Light- and, Electron-Microscopy, Flow Cytometry and Data analysis. We can offer state of the art Electron-Microscopy and sample preparation, Confocal- and Superresolution-Microscopy, 2Photon- and Slide Scanning Microscopy, as well as analytical Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting. See more information here. BioVis is hosted by the IGP department and situated in the Rudbeck Laboratory, Science Park, Uppsala.The Medical & Pharmaceutical faculty at Uppsala University supports BioVis financially, thus the user fees can be kept low. The platform is available for all universities, governmental agencies & private companies. Information about users fees can be found here.With proper training, provided by us, you can get almost complete access to our equipment.
Head of BioVis Dirk.Pacholsky@igp.uu.se
BioVis Newsletter January 2023
- BioVis starts 2023 with a DEMO of the microscope ZEISS LSM900, the confocal platform for 4D Imaging, including Airyscan 2 for fast imaging or Superresolution. We will have a Seminar and Demo sessions. A Flyer to this event can be downloaded here.
- Seminar: January 23, 11:00 – 12:00, On-site demo: January 23rd -25th
- If you are interested- contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SCANDEM 2023 - in Uppsala
The SCANDEM 2023 Conference is coming to Uppsala June 12-15. More information can be found here. Registration opens in January.
- BioVis has installed a new Flow Cytometer: the BeckmanCoulter Cytoflex LX (link)with 6 Laser and 21 FL channel The instrument has the Laser UV/405/488/561/638/808 and plateloader for a standard and deep well 96 plates , beside its regular tube loader. The detector configuration can be UV3-V5-B3-Y5-R3-I2 or UV7-V5-B3-Y5-R3-I0 and offers otherwise the flexibility we know from our Cytoflex S. Switching between the S and LX will be a breeze
- BioVis purchased the BeckmanCoulter Cytoflex SRT (link), which will replace the Melody Sorter in January 2023. The instrument is equipped with 15 Fluorescent channels and ready for up to 384 well plate and straight down sorts, where sorted droplets are not charged.
- STED, see more details when needed: Resolution down to 40nm (XY) by using our STEDYCON microscope. Let´s get you jumpstarted with secondary Abs, ready for STED - discuss you project with Matyas.
- Deconvolution, see more details by deconvolving your images from Confocal and Widefield microscopy. Let´s get you jumpstarted - discuss you project with Jeremy.
- Our Leica DIVE SP8 2PhotonMicroscope is up and running, perfect for InVitro Imaging and Deep tissue Imaging. Objectives for Optically Cleared Samples are in place. Contact Matyas Molnar for more details.
- Thanks to a donation from Lena Claesson Welsh we do have now 2 Confocal LSM700. Available for booking. Contact Jeremy for a brief introduction.
- Our PhD courses are updated for 2023.
- BioVis is selling its ZEISS Lightsheet Z1, ready for living and optically cleared samples. See more details in the document here.
- SIM discontinuation:Our Zeiss LSM710 SIM (Elyra S.1) will be discontinued in June 2022. Alternatives for higher resolution in Biovis are confocal imaging with deconvolution; or STED superresolution. Interested? Make us an offer.
- Discontinuation of Melody Sorter: The Melody sorter is open to get purchased second hand. Make us an offer.
- Please be aware that we do also sell part of the microscopes like camera, Laser, Objectives. Get in contact with Dirk.Pacholsky@igp.uu.se in case of interest.
more interesting News:
- The SCANDEM 2023 Conference will be held at Uppsala University
- Join the Confocal user group to discuss microscopes and imaging
- Join the Flow Cytometry User group to discuss Flow Cytometry
- A New Spectra viewer is online with over 550 fluorophores, containing also 2Photon excitation, uploading of custom spectra possibilities, 2D contour plots and accessibility via mobile phones.
- A New Facility for Single Particle Analysis using Electronmicroscopy: The new Glacios™ Cryo-TEM for single particle analysis was inaugurated on the 3rd of March at ICM/BMC. For those interested in using the instrument in their research, please contact Anna Sundborger-Lunna or Daniel Larsson (email@example.com) for further information. For those interested in performing negative staining of their samples prior cryo-EM, please contact Monika Hodik (Monika.Hodik@igp.uu.se) or Karin Staxäng (Karin.Staxang@igp.uu.se) at the BioVis EM node.
The BioVis platform provides you with a unique combination of technology and know-how for visualization of biological samples at the tissue, cell and subcellular level. We specialise in microscopy, electron microscopy, flow cytometry and image analysis. We can offer state of the art electron- confocal and light microscopy, as well as analytical and imaging flow cytometry and cell sorting.
The Medical and Pharmaceutical faculty at Uppsala University supports BioVis financially, thus the user fees can be kept low. The platform is available for all universities, governmental agencies and private companies. With proper training, provided by us, you can get almost complete access to the equipment at BioVis.
You can find us
Uppsala , Science Park Rudbeck Laboratory, 2nd floor
Dag Hammarskjölds v 20
751 85 UPPSALA, SWEDEN